Friday, November 14, 2014

Bubuan Island- My Semestral Break Vacation

Assalamualaykum! For how many days, finally! I'm back. We just arrived yesterday night. I got so dizzy and I vomitted because the current really strong and you can really feel it in the ship. We took our ride on the ship of MV Lady Mary Joy. Compared to another ships who travelled from Zamboanga City-Jolo, Sulu- Siasi, Sulu and to Bongao, MV Lady Mary Joy is the fastest one. Because they don't stay a long time in one place like what other ship does. They just get passengers for about 30mins to 1hr only and move. Unlike others, they will stay for about 3-4hours. Other thing that made this ship better than the other are: the comfort room is clean, its not messy, especially in te room of aircons (I don't know what to call it. Peace!) and they have a water supply, they don't cheat people with sea (Haha!); they have bedding room-like. You really have your privacy in there. :) Anyway, this is my story. Last October 28 of this year, I spent my semestral break in my in-laws, in the Bubuan Island. Actually, they are from Siasi, Sulu but my Mother-in-law is a teacher in this island and my father-in-law do business there too. Fishing and drying fish and sell it to a larger factory whose business are all about sea. Because Bubuan is just near to the Siasi, about 2-3hours of travelling in a handmade boat with engine from Siasi to Bubuan. They moved in to the island about 25 years ago.
Bubuan Island



Bubuan Island is an unknown island. No one knows this island only few, me either. They are only few people lives here but then its peaceful. Bubuan is an island with mountains surrounds it. They are full and satisfied with the food they can get everywhere in the island. In the mountain wherein there's a of different kinds of fruits, vegetables. In the sea, where you'll be able to catch different species of fish. Those big one, the expensive one, squids, octopus, skate and many more. You will really get your appetite satisfied with all of it. The people hospitality makes you feel like you're from that island too. They are giving and sharing fishes, fruits and vegetables. They will meet you on the way with a smile. The people here speaks Siamal Language. For example, "Ayi?" means What; "Angay?" means Why and many more. I'm not too familiar with their language though I spea Siamal too but our language do have some differences in accent, in words and spelling, what in our Siamal is "Iyan?" not "Ayi?". If you wanna know more siamal language or curious, message me. Duh? Hehe. Sometimes, when people talked to me I just smile and say "Ahh" and "Aha or Oo" which means Yes.
Kagang Sukay (Crabs)

Kanuus (Squid)

Istah Pugut 
These are just few of seafoods in the Island which are shared, gave by the neighbors to us. Some are selling but in very very low price. The last picture of a fish we called it "Pugut" in our language, I don't know its English name. There's only 3 major problems with this Island. (1) It is always hot weather in there with a combination of the sea that will surely turns you to black. They used Solar Energy to conduct electricity that will open up a light, a fan, DVD player but some also has their own generator. (2) Lack of Water problem. People need to go to Siasi just to get tap water there because there's no water supply in the island. Its our drinking water, for washing of clothes, daily bathes and in ayir before performing our muslim prayer. We need water, right. (3) What I hate the most! The Mosquitoes! There's so many mosquitoes coming starting from 6pm to 10pm. And will return on 4 oclock in the morning. One time, my brother joke that Mosquitoes are doing fasting, they will make Bukah when 6pm up to 10pm and rest. And when 4am strike they will for their Sahur. Haha! But suck! I'll be losing one glass of blood per night.

No comments: